POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : North? : Re: North? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 08:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: North?
From: JLH
Date: 18 Jun 2007 09:10:01
Message: <web.467683d5349363489d0a51070@news.povray.org>
> JLH wrote:
> > Here are two questions that are connected:
> > 1. In the POVRAY coordinate system at least one function is sensitive to the
> > direction "North" and that is "sunpos". Is North in the z-direction by
> > default?
>
> There is no such thing as "North" in POV-Ray. What are you talking about?
>
>  Thorsten

"sunpos" requires an input of h:m:s, lat long, to provide the correct
direction of the sun's light. This requires an implicit assumption of the
direction of the N-S meridian. I was wanting to find out if this was the
z-axis. Since then I have found in the help files that the N-S line is
indeed the z axis. Now I just wonder at the answer to the second
question-can one do global rotations of whole scenes? I suspect the answer
is no. JLH