POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A number of firsts for me... : Re: A number of firsts for me... Server Time
23 Jun 2024 15:48:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A number of firsts for me...
From: Grassblade
Date: 17 Jun 2007 15:15:01
Message: <web.467587363871aa86662040f20@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@*NOSPAM*SOWare.co.uk> wrote:
> I do need some advice on how to make the sparks better...
Hmm, take a look here: http://science.howstuffworks.com/iron3.htm and here:
http://www.zarquon.net/~drsulak/extremepumpkin/ep.html
According to those pics sparks tend to be more blobby and/or cylindrical (or
arcs of toruses). White in the middle when the spark is near the point of
impact and cooling down the further it travels.
That's about all the advice I can give, because I've never been able to make
media the way I wanted it to look. :-(