POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Progress of shadows due to sunlight : Re: Progress of shadows due to sunlight Server Time
18 May 2024 19:12:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Progress of shadows due to sunlight
From: Stephen
Date: 12 Jun 2007 07:20:01
Message: <web.466e80eda2fa9d53c4e49fa40@news.povray.org>
"JLH" <phy### [at] physicsuoguelphca> wrote:
> I am new to Povray and have been making progress with architectural models.
> I would now like to animate the motion of the shadows of the buildings as
> the day progresses. I thought it might be achieved by somehow advancing the
> time in the "sunpos" command but I can't for the life of me figure out how
> to do it. Could anyone out there help this 75 year old student with this
> problem?
> JLH

(light source) around the y axis for direction and the x or z axis for
altitude. Remember to create your sun at the origin and translate it to the
desired starting point before animating it.
You animate by using the clock variable.
Help file
2.3.8 Making Animations
2.3.8.1 The Clock Variable: Key To It All

There are other methods but to start with, this is the easiest IMO.

but if you want more detailed help with an example please post again.

BTW Welcome.

Stephen