POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : optic guide. : Re: optic guide. Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: optic guide.
From: Charles C
Date: 9 Jun 2007 16:30:01
Message: <web.466b0ce3cb54bcb6e33c01c00@news.povray.org>
"TP Electronics" <tp### [at] tpelectronicsno> wrote:
> I want to desing a optic guide for en LED.
> It is possible to simulated this with povray?
> I can not see where I can change specification of material to define the
> guide.
> I am play with led source but not manage to make a led with 10degres angle.
> Best regard
> Thierry

Do you mean one of those clear plastic prisms that brings light from the LED
up to the front of a piece of consumer-electronics?  You might try enabling
photons and setting the optic guide as a "target."

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/425/

Also see the insert-menu item "Photons scene" under "scene templates" (if
you're using Windows)for a good demonstrations of using photons.

I haven't tried it, but I have a feeling you may also need a
double-illuminated surface for the photons to hit after going through the
prism.  Again, I'm not sure if this is what you are looking for, and I
haven't tried what I am suggesting.

Charles