POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Getting started : Re: Getting started Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Getting started
From: Charles C
Date: 6 Jun 2007 01:35:01
Message: <web.46664662e79adcf3e33c01c00@news.povray.org>
"Lhainel" <mac### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> So up till now, my knowledge is still v1.0 standard. My reason of writing

My 2c:

1. Figure if you have the time now.

2. Don't worry about features.  Figure out what you want to make, and then
use the  manual as you go.

3. IMHO there's really nothing like doing.  If you don't have anything in
mind right now that you want to make, go write a macro that'll build a
glass of water with parameterized dimensions, liquid color, ior etc.  Do
it.  :)

4. There are good tutorials out there, but it honestly sounds like you need
to start typing. (Just my 2c) ;-)

Charles