POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : A new idea or old hat... : Re: A new idea or old hat... Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:45:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A new idea or old hat...
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 31 May 2007 07:20:01
Message: <web.465eaee5b6fed7726d4565230@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@*NOSPAM*SOWare.co.uk> wrote:
> Not sure if this is a shiny new idea or if everyone knows it and doesn't
> even bother mentioning it...
>
> I was wondering about changing an image_map over time and the idea came to
> me to use the output from one rendering as the image_map for another ...
> Regards,
> Simon

Funny you should use the word "hat".  A while back I was toying with the
idea of using POV-Ray to produce an "oracle deck" and used the idea for the
Magician card.

BTW, neat animation.  I can foresee many nifty applications for the
technique.  Spaceship bridges and "Mission Control " type scenes spring to
mind.

Regards,
Mike C.

Post a reply to this message