POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : dancing pixels : dancing pixels Server Time
19 May 2024 05:54:03 EDT (-0400)
  dancing pixels
From: doctor mark
Date: 30 May 2007 09:55:01
Message: <web.465d80c44ce94ddb7a6de2d00@news.povray.org>
Hello, I have a question about an animation I was attempting with POV-Ray.
In the animation, the pixels are seen to dance from frame to frame. It is
definitely NOT a problem with the video compression, becasue I scan scroll
through the individual bitmaps and see the same thing. I know POV-Ray says
NOT to use jitter or crand if you are doing animations. I was using a bump
normal to create a concrete texture, which I am beginning to think is the
problem - even though the documentation does not describe this as a random
texture. Is this likely to be the problem? Is there a better way to get
rough-looking textures without running into this problem?