POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Non-infinite Planes... : Re: Non-infinite Planes... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:22:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Non-infinite Planes...
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 28 May 2007 19:55:02
Message: <web.465b6b55d3b25be25e73ab330@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@*NOSPAM*SOWare.co.uk> wrote:
> Anyone know how I can get a plane that is non-infinite? I tried to do an
> intersection with a box and of course got everything in the box that was
> below the plane. I really want a lamina...
>
> I'm currently using a VERY narrow box but... Any help appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Outside the suggestions already posted, the problem you were having is
because planes in POV are infinite, but they are not an infinite thin
surface.  Rather they have an inside and outside that extend in either
direction from the plane surface.  So any kind of intersection will get
what you did.
An alternative to use planes still would be to use the clipped_by rather
than intersection or difference, but the other suggestions are just as good
(maybe even better).

-tgq