POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : export molecule, mesh, animation. help for others. not a question : export molecule, mesh, animation. help for others. not a question Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:34:41 EDT (-0400)
  export molecule, mesh, animation. help for others. not a question
From: alphaQuad
Date: 28 May 2007 16:20:01
Message: <web.465b3851567bc781c00d4fc10@news.povray.org>
Perhaps this should go here instead of "general".
Not selling anything, its all free.

I couldn't find anything suitable for exporting to POV. So I did it myself.

One way to do this is use mirc. If the scripting is too slow for what you're
trying to accomplish, there is DLL support if you can compile such things.

I have provided all the examples one should need to DIY, both DLL support
and scripted exports.

http://members.aceweb.com/alphaquad/matrix.html

The page includes both GL and scripted Planetariums.
3DS and max spacecraft can be placed into the Solar System at 70 fps. Beyond
Win98SE is unknown compatibility to me. OpenGL drivers required and GeForce
2 or better is recommended (for GL-Planetarium only, not for scripted
exporting).

Should anything fail to run, you still have all the examples. Just do it
yourself. And mirc runs on anything, I believe. If the provided DLL does
load, you would still have to edit paths to POV in the script, etc. Dialog
to do this not yet written. Search script editor (remote tab) for, (you may
have guessed if you're on the ball) "povray".

What else. That's about it. This should add to your fun and abilities
immensely,
alphaQuad