POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : POV ray file saving problem : Re: POV ray file saving problem Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV ray file saving problem
From: Johnny Paintbrushes
Date: 22 May 2007 14:20:01
Message: <web.465333d67f09e69c4096edbe0@news.povray.org>
Hi Alain & Leroy,

Appreciate your help.

Sadly still not having much joy. Have tried moving the source file to other
locations but it doesn't seem to make any difference- the same string
always appears when Pov ray has finished writing.

C:documents and settingsownerlocal settingsapplication
datatb-softwarerheingold3Drender-exportmain-scene.bmp

Two anomalies with this- 1. when you follow the string, there isn't a local
settings folder within the owner folder and 2. even if I go straight to
rheingold3d within program files and look in the render-export folder,
there is just one 1kb file entitled dummy.

Leroy- have tried instructing output_to_file=on but not sure if I'm doing it
as you suggest. Do I change the INI file line? It currently says C:PROGRAM
FILESPOV RAY FOR WINDOWS V3.6RENDERER and then beneath that QUICKRES.INI

Have instructed output_to_file=on in the command line options box. Is this
right?

Cheers for whatever light you can cast- I'm a luddite & way out of my depth.

J.