POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: ignominius
Date: 22 May 2007 10:55:02
Message: <web.4653031d3a09fa7dd4f0306c0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Chambers" <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> schreef in bericht
> >

> > I don't really care if people are working on changes at the same time; I
> > think it would be fun to see how the tree diverges from the original, and
> > how different the resulting images could be :)
> >

> And the first branching has taken place!!! Great!
>
> Thomas

I've just started a sort of improvised ping-pong with another user, but
we've added a twist.  Each of us generated a pov scene. From that scene we
generated 5 child scenes using code swap-over akin to genetic programming
and then we've set about trying to make the resultant code useable with as
little addition to the code as possible.  The next round should produce
some interesting scenes.

From my point of view as a newbie to Povray, I have found it instructional
and at the same time extremely interesting.  It has given me a focus in
which to improve my handcoding techniques (although modellers are allowed,
none have been used).