POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangles faster than objects : Re: Triangles faster than objects Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:56:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangles faster than objects
From: JSR
Date: 21 May 2007 05:55:01
Message: <web.46516bb410a189edd8ef73430@news.povray.org>
> Oh, by the way... how are you changing your models to mesh2, what kind of
> software? That might have something to do with it... maybe... ?

I have my own application to convert from OpenGL triangles to PovRay
triangles or objects (mesh2).

Before of making any change in my sourcecode, it would be useful if someone
knew the answer to the first question: Why TRIANGLES version is faster than
OBJECTS version? It should be something related to the povray internal
parser.

Joel.