POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Triangles faster than objects : Re: Triangles faster than objects Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Triangles faster than objects
From: Ferro
Date: 18 May 2007 19:05:01
Message: <web.464e302410a189edb19873360@news.povray.org>
> My aim is to reduce the parse time because when I use the TRIANGLES version
> the parse time is very long (1 min) because of the number of mesh2. With
> OBJECTS version the parse time is very good (8 seg), but render time is
> worse.
>
> Joel.

First of all... your "triangles" version is actually 5000 mesh2 objects that
consist of one triangle each. And your "objects" version it's just 50 mesh2
objects with more triangles each. Your "triangles" version SEEMS
innefficient... yet total render time is faster than the "objects" version.

Have you tried having everything in just ONE mesh2? From the sound of it,
parse time might be less with a longer render time... just something to
try, I guess. I would suggest that you just stick to the one with the
shortest total
render time... which as of now looks like the "triangles" version. I
realize this is not too helpful, but I can't think of anything better as of
now.

Oh, by the way... how are you changing your models to mesh2, what kind of
software? That might have something to do with it... maybe... ?