POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 3d fractal animation with error ? : Re: 3d fractal animation with error ? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 06:34:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d fractal animation with error ?
From: Grassblade
Date: 13 May 2007 15:55:01
Message: <web.46476bf2b9adab25e8e476c0@news.povray.org>
"WaveMaster" <nos### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I have tried to render the fractal-object with the following statement
> inside:
>
>   sturm true
>
> I couldn't render the animation, because the current versions of Povray and
> also MegaPov don't support this feature.
>
> Is there another possibility to switch on the new root solver mode for a
> fractal object???
>
> Important Data to know:
>
> Current Povray-Version : 3.6.1c.icl8.win32
> Current MegaPov-Version: 1.2.1/based on 3.6.1.msvc7 unofficial-win32
> Operating system: Windows XP pro with sp2
> Processor: Pentium 4 2.4 GHz.

It doesn't work? Oops, I'm dreadfully sorry. Taking a look at the manual it
seems that you can crank up precision and/or max_iteration. It looks like
Julia fractals aren't that well implemented in POV-ray yet.
Before I even heard of Pov, I was quite smitten with a program called
Chaoscope. Animation support has been recently added to it, making it a
very interesting tool for exploring strange attractors. You can always
reimport the Chaoscope images into POV-ray as heightfields for fancy
renders. Chaoscope also supports several other non Julia attractors. You
can find it at http://www.btinternet.com/~ndesprez/