POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : HeightField Glass : Re: HeightField Glass Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: HeightField Glass
From: flame-mike
Date: 10 May 2007 16:30:02
Message: <web.46438037b8b26c1a1d1bbab40@news.povray.org>
Yes I am sure. I only need to see results of glass what can be made with
povray from this height field.
1) I have only 512 mb of memory. If the result is good, so it will be seen
as real glass, then I will upgrade my pc. Can anybody render this as glass.
I get immediately max-trace_level reached.
2) I will render single glass object in a dark. And I don't know how to do
this.
This is why I ask sample scene.

The glass fractal, which I tried recreate, is made in photoshop with
"sextext" plugin. I tried using this plugin on Linux machine with pspi, but
it don't work. And this plugin is commercial.

So, please anybody make example scene. Simple glass object in a dark.