POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Complicated Multicolor Sphere (An Homage to Simon) : Re: Complicated Multicolor Sphere (An Homage to Simon) Server Time
29 Jun 2024 00:45:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Complicated Multicolor Sphere (An Homage to Simon)
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 10 May 2007 10:00:02
Message: <web.464324c1b0d09678fb1e9d9c0@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote:

Thanks.  In the "small word" category, it's funny that you should mention
Dame Barabara in that I am lucky enough to have one of her works (Summer
Dance) on display not too far from me in the Meijer Sculpture Gardens in
Grand Rapids, Michigan.  There her work appears in the company of the likes
of Rodin, Henry Moore, Lipchitz and Oldenberg, among others.  I have often
thought about how neat it would be to be able to integrate POV-Ray's CSG
capabilities with one of those prototype "printers" that solidify liquid
plastic with scanning lasers for the purpose of producing fine art
sculpture.  ...Any skilled grant writers out there? ;-)

Best Regards to All,
Mike C.