POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Liquid animation 27 : Re: Liquid animation 27 Server Time
28 Jun 2024 23:47:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Liquid animation 27
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 9 May 2007 15:35:02
Message: <web.464221b6c45a160ac40420100@news.povray.org>
You can add my name to the list of amazed admirers.
As for the appearance of the red and blue particles at the edge of the
container, two thoughts come to mind.  First, when we see a great animation
like this, we stare at it over and over again in a way that doesn't happen
in "real life", so we take extra note of details of our perception that
would go largely unanalyzed in our day to day experience.  Second, the
container itself, although quite suitable for purposes of the demonstration
at hand, is unlike most of the transparent containers that we would compare
it to from our memories in that it is a single piece with transparent edges.
One possible approach would be to add some simple metal edges to the
container so that it would look like an ordinary aquarium and the
distraction of refracted particle images in the edges, accurate though
those images might be, would just go away.  The animation is still quite an
admirable achievement as it stands.  Congratulations.
Regards,
Mike C.