POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Adding multiple media/density : Adding multiple media/density Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:32:06 EDT (-0400)
  Adding multiple media/density
From: Gunnar
Date: 8 May 2007 07:45:02
Message: <web.464061a54119e980678ea4f80@news.povray.org>
Hello,
I am a quite new POV-Ray user. Maybe this is a simple question, maybe not.
I want to have some tori that intersect in a certain area. Every torus is
rotated a little. Imagine a bunch of flowers or similar things. They don't
necessarily need to be tori, cylinders work as well (for now).
Now I want to have the following effect: Where one cylinder/torus is alone,
I want to have low density. The more cylinders intersect, the higher the
density should be. In terms of flowers: Where the flowers are held
together, there should be high density.
I think I have to use the media and density statements but did not manage to
get the desired result.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Greets
Gunnar