POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Before and After and new website : Re: Before and After and new website Server Time
2 May 2024 06:53:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Before and After and new website
From: milco2006
Date: 6 May 2007 14:05:01
Message: <web.463e17c262a9bf113f87bbc50@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote:

> The Passing Away - Malcolm Findlay
> Much improved from the WIPs posted on p.b.i. Very nice concept, with
> emotional resonance for anyone who's looking at the 3drtc. Critically I'd
> say the scene looks very flat, which is caused by having mostly flat
> objects, and the light is almost directly behind the camera. Placing the
> light in a more interesting place and having more variety of objects (e.g.
> different shaped grave stones, rounded edges on the stones) would really
> make things look more interesting. Anyway, having seen this image develop
> I'm impressed with the improvement in your pov skills, I look forward to
> your next image!

Thanks Tek. Also thanks to you for the advice that led to quite a bit of he
improvement from the WIPs to the finished product. I admit that quite a lot
of the image was about the concept and not the technical detail. To be
honest I have never been to a proper war graveyard so was really working
entirely from photos off google images. And despite being useful when
looking to do technical stuff I like to know more about the subject.
However after having the idea and realising the possibilities I didnt want
to turn back. Hmmm, about that next image ... Black robe is challenging me
as I havent really worked with clothing before so it is all very
experimental for me.

Thanks againfor the comments and help,

Malcolm