POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 3d fractal animation with error ? : Re: 3d fractal animation with error ? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 09:24:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d fractal animation with error ?
From: Grassblade
Date: 5 May 2007 19:00:02
Message: <web.463d0b93b9adab2316586000@news.povray.org>

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/go_huerlimann/PovRay/FractalTest_08_MegaP_001_200.m2v

> Can anyone explain this kind of animation effect?
> Is that also a Wheel effect??

Of course it isn't the wheel effect here. I do not know how POV makes the
calculations so I can only guess at the cause, but that looks like an error
in calculations that gets propagated. Try using the "sturm" keyword to
obtain more accurate roots. If the error persists even using sturm, then it
is likely a bug in the code.