POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : What next... ? : Re: What next... ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What next... ?
From: nemesis
Date: 5 May 2007 12:35:02
Message: <web.463cb1ba341096a2229e83900@news.povray.org>
"Simon" <povray@NOSPAM|SOWare.co.uk> wrote:
> What I need to know is where I can find info on the next step to generating
> real-world scenes...
> I knwo I can do some of the above with a VERY long list of primitives but it
> seems to me there must be a better way?

You can either model your whole scene, objects and textures in a 3D visual
modeller package, like Moray, Wings3D, Blender, 3DSMax etc and then export
the scenes to povray for final rendering.  This is the artist's way.

Or you can master povray SDL and create your own scripts, macros and
development processes.  This is the programmer's way.

The latter way is very well suited for abstract concepts, random landscapes
or architectural stuff.  The former is good for characters, organics and
more complex shapes.

povray is for everyone! :)

BTW, even modellings things in visual modellers will take a lot of time and
patience, depending on your commitment and will...