POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ideas on how to accomplish this effect needed... : Ideas on how to accomplish this effect needed... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:52 EDT (-0400)
  Ideas on how to accomplish this effect needed...
From: blooflame
Date: 2 May 2007 00:15:01
Message: <web.4638100b40b8ee6c7a9334df0@news.povray.org>
I am looking for help on an effect (or maybe it's two effects)

1. I want to create a 3D image which looks like transparencies stacked one
on top of the other. Each transparencey will have an image or text on it
(via image_map I think).   I can use Box{} to simulate the sheet with
dimensions of the sheet and z dimension being thickness (i.e. a very thin
box).  If I put several on top of each other will I need to increase the
maxtrace value?

2. Is it possible to determine where on the Box{} the image is placed?