POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Getting the intensity of light at a point. : Getting the intensity of light at a point. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:21:08 EDT (-0400)
  Getting the intensity of light at a point.
From: MustardMan
Date: 1 May 2007 19:20:02
Message: <web.4637ca7db503a31c2a4e95f40@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am using POVray to simulate the energy produced by solar panels at
different orientations on a roof. My simulation includes the horizon, so
the shadowing difference between summer & winter is realistic (as well as
throughout the day).

I can calculate the power generated by the panels by simply using some maths
and the Az & Al variables generated by SUNPOS. However, this does not
include shadowing caused by objects (horizon, trees, etc) - the value is
what the panels would produce if they were always illuminated.

Am I able to specify a point in the scene and get POVray to report the
amount of light reaching that point?

Cheers,
MM.