POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : make check error : make check error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:01 EDT (-0400)
  make check error
From: cdbaric
Date: 26 Apr 2007 12:45:01
Message: <web.4630d5edb9099dba2f6b48680@news.povray.org>
Hi:

I have downloaded the source and built and installed povray and everything
appears to be perfect - no errors - until I try 'make check' and then I
immediately get an error:

.../unix/povray +i./scenes/advanced/biscuit.pov -f +d +p +v +w320 +h240 +a0.3
+L./include
make: *** [check] Illegal instruction

When I try to run povray, I get a similiar error:

Illegal instruction

I tried the prebuilt binaries but all I got were command line versions - no
GUI interface.

I am running Slackware 11.0 +
Linux 2.6.20.7
KDE 3.5.6
gcc version 3.4.6
1 gig PIII CPU
512 meg memory
nVidia MX440 video card

I will happily use the pre-built binaries but I require the GUI, not just
the command line povray.

Thanks for your input.

cdbaric