POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Not new but new to Vista : Re: Not new but new to Vista Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:25:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not new but new to Vista
From: JeffBTX
Date: 24 Apr 2007 08:20:02
Message: <web.462df4c578827f33185125770@news.povray.org>
> Install POV-Ray in it's own, custom, folder if you want to edit any ini file.
>
> As you have a 64 bits OS, you can go for the 64 bits version, but the 32 bits
> version will still run.
>
> --
> Alain

Alain: thank you for the reply; I'm not sure what you mean, exactly.

Run POVRay's setup program but specify a directory other than POVRAY (or
whatever the default directory is)? Install POVRay normally, but move it
into a different folder afterwords (and subsequently changing INIs, CFGs to
reflect the new path for the POVRay executable)?

And what I am gleaning from the posts on the subject (not very well, yet -
Vista is still new to me) is that should be running the OS in full
Administrater Mode, and set compatibility to WinXP? (WinXP *professional*,
if there is a setting for it... I have to check).