POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Carl
Date: 23 Apr 2007 22:45:02
Message: <web.462d6eed892b73208f2f42670@news.povray.org>
"Yuri Hikado" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> If problems persist, open POV-Ray for Windows 3.6bin
> right click on pvengine
> select properties, then compatability tab
> click on the box to run as windows xp sp2
>
> Good luck!

Sorry... I was out of town over the weekend.  Just now getting back to this.
 I've now uninstalled POV-Ray and reinstalled it again.  This time I
installed it to:

C:UsersCarlPOV-Ray for Windows v3.6

(There are a couple back slashes in there that I don't expect to show up
when thos post goes through... not sure why.)

I can now edit and save the ini file without having to run notepad as an
administrator.  However I still can't use any of the animation options
without POV-Ray just coming back and saying (Not Responding).  I have ran
POV-Ray as an adminstrator and I've now also tried changing the
compatability tab to windows xp sp2.  Neither had any effect.  POV-Ray
works if I don't use any animation options, say I change the resolution,
but as soon as I specify some animation options it just doesn't respond.
Am I the only one having this issue with Vista?

Help,
Carl