POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DF3 Fun : Re: DF3 Fun Server Time
21 May 2024 15:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DF3 Fun
From: triple r
Date: 23 Apr 2007 10:10:02
Message: <web.462cbd409d51d7caefa9f3280@news.povray.org>
It's explaned in the following link somewhere in the middle, but it
basically amounts to the vorticity minus the shear, leaving the rotation.
Not my paper of course, but I just tried (unsuccessfully) to replicate the
results.  I couldn't get mine even close to turbulent.

http://www.bgu.ac.il/~yakhot/homepage/publications/JFM_2006.pdf

Say, does anyone know how to get decent render times out of good-looking
media?  Method 3 tends to give me 'slices' and Method 2 needs too many
samples.  Here are my current settings for a smokey-looking wake, but it's
taking quite a while.  Maybe that's to be expected.

media {
  method 3
  intervals 30
  ratio 0.9