POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Vista and POV-Ray : Re: Vista and POV-Ray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:35:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vista and POV-Ray
From: Yuri Hikado
Date: 21 Apr 2007 21:25:01
Message: <web.462ab932892b73205891be620@news.povray.org>
Update:

Just got home from work. Downloaded the file (save as...)

Select: "Open folder" when download comlete

Right click  povwinxx (mine's 36, ymmv)

Click run as administrator

When you get to C:...POV-Ray for Windows
click on browse.

Select a different folder, such as in documents or somewhere besides Program
Files

That was suficient for my to run the program, and it is letting me change
the ini for different picture sizes.

If problems persist, open POV-Ray for Windows 3.6bin
right click on pvengine
select properties, then compatability tab
click on the box to run as windows xp sp2

Good luck!