POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : finding the rotation vector of the transformation between two reference fra= : finding the rotation vector of the transformation between two reference fra= Server Time
4 Oct 2024 17:00:03 EDT (-0400)
  finding the rotation vector of the transformation between two reference fra=
From: chrissounette
Date: 8 Apr 2007 22:40:01
Message: <web.4619a6979d3b654295b376700@news.povray.org>
Hi Everybody,

http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/animate/anim22e.htm), the Spline_Trans()
macro computes the orientation (and position) vector(s) - <Forward, Right,
Up> at each position - that brings the objects along a spline curve. I'm
trying to find the rotation and translation vectors, <Rx,Ry,Rz> and
<Tx,Ty,Tz> respectively, of the transfomation between two flying objects.
Said differently, how can I recover the transformation between two
orthogonal reference frames <Forward_1, Right_1, Up_1> and <Forward_2,
Right_2, Up_2> ????

Cheers,
Chris.