POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 3d fractal animation with error ? : Re: 3d fractal animation with error ? Server Time
17 May 2024 07:47:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d fractal animation with error ?
From: WaveMaster
Date: 8 Apr 2007 17:10:02
Message: <web.46195766b9adab2a2f9a2980@news.povray.org>
I did a new rendering with a new scene-file. The following changes have been
made:

camera{
  location <0, 0,-650>   // position of camera <X Y Z>
  sky y
  up <0, 1, 0>           // which way is +up <X Y Z>
  right <-1.77 0.0 0.0>  // which way is +right <X Y Z> and aspect ratio
  look_at <0.0, 0, 0>    // point center of view at this point <X Y Z>
}

light_source{
  <0, 0,-380>
  color rgb 1.8
}

julia_fractal{
  <-0.5664, 0.5106, 0.0224, -0.3024>
  slice <0,0.43,0,1.0>, 0.0
  precision 50
  max_iteration 38
  quaternion
  sqr
  hollow on
  texture {
    pigment{
      rgb <1,1.0,1.0>     // White
    }
    finish {
      ambient 0.09
      metallic 0.4
    }
  }
  rotate <-2,19,0>
  rotate <0,0,-10>
  scale <250, 250, 1000>

  rotate<0,90+clock*360*1,0>
  translate <0, 135, 0>
}
julia_fractal{
  <-0.5664, 0.5106, 0.0224, -0.3024>
  slice <0,0.43,0,1.0>, 0.0
  precision 50
  max_iteration 38
  quaternion
  sqr
  hollow on
  texture {
    pigment{
      rgb <0.5,1.0,0.5>  // Green
    }
    finish {
      ambient 0.09
      metallic 0.4
    }
  }

  rotate <-2,19,0>
  rotate <0,0,-10>
  scale <250, 250, 900>

  rotate<0,90+clock*360*1,0>
  translate <0, -135, 0>
}

Download link:

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/go_huerlimann/PovRay/FractalTest_04_MegaP_0530_0599.m2v

Afterwards I rendered the following scene-file:

julia_fractal{
  <-0.5664, 0.5106, 0.0224, -0.3024>
  slice <0,0.43,0,1.0>, 0.0
  precision 50
  max_iteration 38
  quaternion
  sqr
  hollow on
  texture {
    pigment{
      rgb <1,1.0,1.0>   // White
    }
    finish {
      ambient 0.09
      metallic 0.4
    }
  }

  rotate <-2,19,0>
  rotate <0,0,-10>
  scale <250, 250, 1000>

  rotate<0,90+clock*360*1,0>
  translate <0, -135, 0>
}
julia_fractal{
  <-0.5664, 0.5106, 0.0224, -0.3024>
  slice <0,0.43,0,1.0>, 0.0
  precision 50
  max_iteration 38
  quaternion
  sqr
  hollow on
  texture {
    pigment{
      rgb <0.5,1.0,0.5>     // Green
    }
    finish {
      ambient 0.09
      metallic 0.4
    }
  }

  rotate <-2,19,0>
  rotate <0,0,-10>
  scale <250, 250, 900>

  rotate<0,90+clock*360*1,0>
  translate <0, 135, 0>
}

Download Link:

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/go_huerlimann/PovRay/FractalTest_04b_MegaP_0530_0599.m2v

Facts:

The white fractal has a z-scale by 1000, the new green fractal has a z-scale
by 900. The rest stays identical. Both fractals have a symmetrical
y-translation by +/-135 units.

If the inner move is made by the "wheel effect", then both fractals should
change the inner move on different positions/in different directions. But
as you can see, the inner move changes at the same position in both
fractals.

The second example exchanges only the two fractals in the y-direction. And
again, both fractals change the inner move at the same position!!

Question:

Can this facts be explained by the wheel effect??
For me, there is an error in the fractal calculation!!