POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Recursion re...uh..iterated? : Re: Recursion re...uh..iterated? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:26:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Recursion re...uh..iterated?
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 2 Apr 2007 12:40:02
Message: <web.46112fd693745152156c90870@news.povray.org>
Paul Fuller <pgf### [at] optusnetcomau> wrote:
> The recursive calls should be in an else clause.
>
> Otherwise they are being called even after the limit is reached and it
> never ends.
>
> Hence the overflow.

Thanks, I really should have seen that.  The problem now is passing the
correct values for position to the recursive calls.  The thing about LOGO
is that it remembers the position and direction of the turtle at all times,
it will continue moving on a set vector unless you tell it otherwise.  POV,
on the other hand, has to be told where to go and what to do once it gets
there.

Thanks for the input, Paul.

Regards,

ADB