POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Saving Time on multiple renders : Re: Saving Time on multiple renders Server Time
31 Jul 2024 10:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Saving Time on multiple renders
From: scam
Date: 2 Apr 2007 10:00:01
Message: <web.46110af91e5b5406285fc370@news.povray.org>
"MattM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Ok, I just saw "Storing height_field mesh between frames of an animation"
> below, I should have read that before posting this.

It's good to see someone else had the same idea, and since that other thread
fizzled out I'm glad you posted your message. I'm not familiar with how
POVRay works internally, but it seems it should be straightforward to store
objects in memory for use in multiple renders.

An animation I'm working on takes about 100 cpu hours to render, with a
significant fraction of that time spent on redundant calculations. We
mustn't be the only people who'd like to speed up our renders (or throw in
more eye candy instead!).