POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.tutorials : spiral : Re: spiral Server Time
23 Apr 2024 10:40:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: spiral
From: sahraoui
Date: 30 Mar 2007 16:10:00
Message: <web.460d7c0acef26043439ba8f00@news.povray.org>
Hi Mike

Thanks a lot for the file.
Actually i was trying that same loop
but got entangled inside and got the code
to run forever until I saw your message. thanks again.
The parametric stuff did not work for some reason.

Now here is the thing. What you sent me make the spiral follow
the sinus line indeed but BUT every "circle" of the spiral
is NOT perpendicular to the line of the sinus but it
is always perpendicular to the horizontal.
In other words your code produce a helix who axis is
always parallel to the horizontal
but what would be perfect is a helix whose axis
is parallel to the sinus fonction that follows, andn that I beleive
is not a piece of cake...but may be not for you Oh gentleman of Leisure

embedding that into a larger sheet of beads would be quite a challenge too.

Regards and have a great week end