POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : 3d fractal animation with error ? : Re: 3d fractal animation with error ? Server Time
17 May 2024 08:11:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3d fractal animation with error ?
From: Grassblade
Date: 29 Mar 2007 04:10:01
Message: <web.460b8133b9adab2997bba560@news.povray.org>

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/go_huerlimann/PovRay/FractalTest_01_MegaP_0500_0560.avi

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/go_huerlimann/PovRay/FractalTest_01_MegaP_1440_1499.avi

> You can also rotate the fractal around the x-axis instead of the y-axis. As
> soon as the camera comes near the fractal shape, the inner flow makes an
> extream acceleration change.
>

> How can I avoid this or is this an error???

I think it's still the wheel effect. If you make a wheel animation and let
its velocity vary, you'll see it alterning between clockwise and
counter-clockwise rotation, even though it's "really" only going in one
direction in the code. Likewise, in your scene, angular velocity varies a
lot when you try to go in the fractal, as opposed to the fairly smooth
movement in the beginning of the animation.
That's my guess, anyway.

You may find you'd get more feedback if you used non-Windows specific
codecs, Xvid or Mpeg should be supported on a fair number of platforms.