POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: swampie
Date: 22 Mar 2007 16:30:01
Message: <web.4602f41f3a09fa7db1b17aa10@news.povray.org>
Kyle <hob### [at] gatenet> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 22:50:34 EST, "swampie" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >Comments Please?
>

> Instead of having a contest, how about having a round of ping-pong?  One player
creates a basic scene, and then anoth
er player takes that scene and adds his/her twist to it.  The scene then goes back
> and forth between the players for a predefined number of rounds.  Each pass between
the players can be posted in povr
ay.binaries.images and povray.binaries.scene-files so that everyone can observe the
> progress.
>
> Perhaps instead of just two players, it could become a round-robin event among a
group of players.  It would have to
be somehow decided ahead of time who will be in the group and the order in which to
> pass the scene.  We'd probably have to account for players missing their round
and/or provide a time limit in which t
o complete changes.

> I think either one of these ideas would be fun.  It would likely have to be POV-Ray
only, since that would be the com
mon software in use amongst us all.  There would be no winners or losers, just a
> fun way for different talents to collaborate on a common scene.
>
> What do you think?
>

> Kyle

How about a circle of players. Everyone does their own rev 0. Everyone signs
up at first so as to be numbered. After finishing rev 0, you pick up from
the person in the circular buffer ahead of you. ( Caveate: not everyone
uses all of the parts of POV- the code needs to be expertly documented for
understanding by all)

Great Idea!