POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:16:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 22 Mar 2007 13:05:01
Message: <web.4602c3f43a09fa7d4b7008fa0@news.povray.org>
> > I like the "round-robin" variation of the ping-pong idea.
>
> I came up with the following variation ...
> 0. A round is opened by posting a starting image for generation 0
>     and declaring a ping interval P (in days, probably)...

This sounds even better.  My NEW new plan is to post a generation zero
"ping" image on Sunday 03/25/07 if nobody else posts one prior to 12:00 GMT
on that date.

> I am aware that rule 1 is completely unnecessary, but leaving
> it out would probably have strengthened prejudices on the poor
> communication skills of mathematicians ;)

Roughly half way between Harvard and M.I.T. lies a quaint little district
known as "The Village."  There, in a local grocery store, a cashier noticed
that a professorial type who was wearing a tweed coat with corduroy patches
on the elbows, sporting a neatly trimmed bead and smoking a pipe was
blithely pushing a cart filled to the brim with copious items up to her
resister - which was clearly labeled with a sign reading "10 Items or
Less".  Hands on hips, she stared at him and asked curtly, "OK... which is
it?"

"Beg pardon?" he responded.

"Which is it," she clarified, "M.I.T. and can't read or Harvard and can't
count?"

Regards,
-Mike C.