POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : A ghostly transparent sphere : Re: A ghostly transparent sphere Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:37:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A ghostly transparent sphere
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 22 Mar 2007 07:30:02
Message: <web.460275e97dff850dc150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"Kevin" <Kev### [at] Karneycom> wrote:
> I am really new at this and struggling a bit, so would appreciate any help !
>
> I need a transparent translucent ghostly sphere - just visible - with no
> reflections, no refraction and no specular high-lights.
>
> I think this must be really easy to do, but whatever I try is just too
> glass-like.....
>
> Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> Kevin

There are several ways to do the sphere material depending on whether you
want it as a shell or solid.  You can use a surface material on it using
filter or transmit, or you could use an internal (volumetric) material
using media.  To make sure it isn't reflective, remove any reflective
properties from the surface finish and to make sure it isn't refractive,
remove any ior settings from the interior.

-tgq