POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : jigsaw globe : Re: jigsaw globe Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:24:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: jigsaw globe
From: Stephen
Date: 22 Mar 2007 06:15:01
Message: <web.460264434ad5fc92f1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"CharlesM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Can anybody suggest how I might create a 3D model similar to that
> demonstrated in the link.  I am a novice user and also intend to animate
> such a model in Moray.
>
> Hopefully this is the correct forum for such a request for help
>
> http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=2326392
>
> kindest regards

I would create it in Moray using CSG. Create a difference of two spheres to
give you the thickness of your jigsaw piece. Create the shape of the piece
using the prism object. Then use an intersection to create the finished
piece. To get chamfered edges I would convert it to a mesh then follow

Stephen