POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Radiosity as toon-shading approximator? : Re: Radiosity as toon-shading approximator? Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:20:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Radiosity as toon-shading approximator?
From: Stephen Klebs
Date: 21 Mar 2007 12:35:02
Message: <web.46016c549611a35d977978930@news.povray.org>
I wondered the same thing. I did some experiments a while ago and it works
great with any shape or mesh but the effect is most pronounced with smooth,
rounded surfaces but that's true of any cartoon effect. If you want, I can
email you the test scenes or send them to binaries.scene-files.

Steve Klebs
http://www.cloudinthesky.com

"Greg M. Johnson" <pte### [at] thecommononethatstartswithYcom> wrote:
> Okay, now does THAT technique only work well with spheroids?
>
> Stephen Klebs wrote:
>
> > LightBeam (Celestin) presented a wonderful cartoon effect a while back
> > using the aoi function in MegaPov.
> >

> http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3C41f7e1ab@news.povray.org%3E/

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/attachment/%3C41f9190a@news.povray.org%3E/us-ascii?ttop=237992&tof
f=