POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Lost color : Re: Lost color Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lost color
From: Greg Williams
Date: 19 Mar 2007 20:35:01
Message: <web.45ff39d8e6fc3fda942bd16f0@news.povray.org>
Unfortunately, POV Ray is still pretty mysterious to me. I can render, and
not much else. I did find this message on the discussion board for the
modeling software:

"There have been changes to the representation of alpha values for
transparency in DS 1.7. The pov ray exporter was not updated to reflect
this change. The result is that now, the wrong transmit value (t instead of
1-t) is written in rgbt color specifications, so objects that should be
opaque are treated as transparent."

To be honest, I don't know how to implement this information.