POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:17:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: swampie
Date: 19 Mar 2007 09:50:02
Message: <web.45fea24e3a09fa7dfcae424a0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> "Nicolas George" <nicolas$george@salle-s.org> schreef in bericht
> >
> > And the Linux version is impossible to use without Linux, and, as said
> > earlier, a text editor. And the mac version is impossible to use without
> > macos, and so on. The conclusion is that PoV is impossible to use
> > completely
> > alone. That was not a really interesting conclusion.
>

> <grin>
> This discussion looks like a copy of the House of Commons or any national
> Parliament:
> In the right wing: Windows
> In the left wing: Linux
> In the centre: MacOS
>
> well... some people might want to turn that around...  :-)
>
> Thomas

I'm not sure how blogs and discussion groups continue to exist. You ask a
simple question, and you get back two or three reasoned replies and four
million tangent issues. I'm glad we're not discussing religion or God would
probably strike us all dead. I don't care about the
mac/windows/unix/linux/....... vms preferences. Those are non-issues with
respect to the original question. I don't care about the cost, it's free,
numerous other things are free.

The issue is the promotion of POV. Not the short code contest, not the Pope,
not anything else in all that is listed in Wikipedia or elsewhere else. (
got the hint yet?)

Can there be a contest to promote POV to a more robust, more all
encompassing language that will cause it to last through the graphics
producing ages by forcing the contest to use POV, just POV, and only POV?