POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How about a contest....... : Re: How about a contest....... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:15:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How about a contest.......
From: swampie
Date: 18 Mar 2007 15:05:01
Message: <web.45fd9ada3a09fa7db38c02cc0@news.povray.org>
Chambers <ben### [at] pacificwebguycom> wrote:
> swampie wrote:
> > Can you have a contest that uses POV, just POV, and ONLY POV?
>
> Only on the Windows platform, as that is the only platform with a
> builtin editor.
>
> The Linux folks need vi or emacs, at least.
>
> Now, I know the above is a bit tongue-in-cheek, but seriously... once
> you allow text editors to create objects, what's the difference between
> that and allowing modeling programs such as Wings3D to create objects?
>
> ...Chambers

To All Above:

You ask why? The last line of my post is why. I am for pushing POV-Ray to a
higher level than what it is and right now it is the most impressive Free
software that I know of in the world. I would like for it to become a
standard educational tool for math, art and design, the world over. The
real question that comes back to you guys is why not take POV to higher
levels? I appreciate your comments but would like some thinking on cranking
up POV.

Thanks,

Swampie.