POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : So, what are we gonna do? : Re: So, what are we gonna do? Server Time
13 May 2024 17:05:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So, what are we gonna do?
From: Angela
Date: 8 Mar 2007 17:50:01
Message: <web.45f0917bac010f74a8b830d10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:

> Hildur K, Sabrina Kilian, Joanne Simpson... and I am sure I forgot several
> :-)
> But, the proportion is way too low indeed.

How very cool! That's way more than I ever thought there were. Not that I
don't like hanging out with the guys ;-) It's just nice to know I can chat
with another woman about something besides scrapbooking or the kids'
soccer.

"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
> What I forgot to say... You can always show the picture in p.b.i.
> To tell the truth, I am very curious now that you revealed it's existence
> :-)

*blushes and mumbles* Well, it's not that great. I focused a lot more on
technique than actual results. But what the hey *grins* I'll post it this
evening when I get home.

"St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:
>      But, I'm still hoping that someone has something to propose. So, if
> anyone is thinking of a suitable name, or can adjust the above to be more
> suitable, please post it, it might be just the right thing.

Something Thomas said really struck my fancy. He used the word "avatar" in
reference to the new competition. How about "Avatar Ray-tracing
Competition" or ARTC (or even ARC, for a pronounceable acronym)? It has the
lovely connotation of IRTC being reborn, and we could use one of the
renditions of TINA CheP as the site avatar...

~Angela