POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Ghost (91kb jpeg) : Re: A Ghost (91kb jpeg) Server Time
17 May 2024 02:53:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Ghost (91kb jpeg)
From: Stephen Klebs
Date: 8 Mar 2007 11:35:00
Message: <web.45f0399c1e86174d977978930@news.povray.org>
After looking over the scene files for this marvellous picture, I would like
to add another congratulations. It deserves to be in the Hall of Fame. Not
only is it one of the most beautiful images I've ever seen, but also one of
the most technically amazing. Your translucent and bloom effects are just
brilliant. Your translucent effect is especially clever, and useful. It
would be great to see it incorporated into POV itself.

Even with code in hand, I'm still trying to figure out how you did it -- the
sign of a real illusionist, to retain the magic even after showing how the
trick was done.