POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media in glass : Re: Media in glass Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:24:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media in glass
From: Trevor G Quayle
Date: 8 Mar 2007 11:10:00
Message: <web.45f034ad682acff9c150d4c10@news.povray.org>
"dave vanhorn" <mic### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > It's even more so then that. POV uses the standard for grayscale
> > conversion,
> > which is based on real light energies
> >
> > GRAY = 0.3*R + 0.59*G + 0.11*B
> >
> > RGB<0,0,1>=0.11
> > RGB<1,0,1>=0.41
> > almost 4 times the apparent brightness
>
> Given that the eye does that already, wouldn't applying this make it worse?
> I see what you're saying, but now I'm confused.

Perhaps I explained incorrectly.  POV doesn't scale the blue down, (except
when converting to grayscale), but this was merely to demonstrate the real
perception of blue relative to the other colours.

Maybe if you post your image and some code, it would be easier to see if
there is something odd, or make it easier to explain the phenomenon you are
seeing.

-tgq