POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : how to use the pov ray. : Re: how to use the pov ray. Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: how to use the pov ray.
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Mar 2007 03:30:01
Message: <web.45ee77f36d6d9efcf1cb1e660@news.povray.org>
"troey_tp" <tro### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> I've downloaded the win pov ray 3.6 in this web page and would like to use
> POV RAY as my ray tracing engine im some of my 3d softwares. Are there any
> instructions here in this web page that can be downloaded?  I know it
> involve programming but i'm an Architect by profession. Please help me
> solve my query. Thanks.

In addition to what Tim said. I found that it was a good idea to get some
basic knowledge of PovRay SDL by reading the help file (RTFM) working
through the tutorials and looking at the scene files that come with PovRay.
When you use a third party modeller that outputs a Pov file you sometimes
need to tweak the file to get the results you want. For instance if you are
using a CAD programme to create the geometry you might want to change the
materials and textures in PovRay or change the lighting to get better
looking results.

Stephen