POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : My humble thanks... : Re: My humble thanks... Server Time
31 Jul 2024 18:28:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My humble thanks...
From: Dan Byers
Date: 7 Mar 2007 00:00:01
Message: <web.45ee45d95a485b495ded90220@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle <evi### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Which of these utilites actually puts the sound into the video file?
> That's what I'm after.  'Course, you're on a Mac box, so your answer may
> not be helpful to me (XP user, maybe going to Linux sometime later this
> year).

I'm actually on XP with my laptop, and I've been using VirtualDub to put the
images together and the WAV file of my choice into an AVI.  Unlike
Quicktime, which I used to use, Virtual Dub will play the WAV file from the
beginning of the video clip.

> How exactly did I inspire this?  My anims are silent--I should change my
> name to Charlie Chaplin.

A few weeks ago I asked about how you did your transitions/wipes/etc and you
explained to me the way to take your various clips and render them as
image_maps on disks to put them in their master sequence with wipes, fades,
blah blah blah.  At least I THINK you did.  If you didn't, then I'm a
genius.  If you did, then YOU'RE a genius and I'm merely a copycat.  Either
one works for me...

Dan