POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : POV RAY Update : Re: POV RAY Update Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:38:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV RAY Update
From: tomuk07
Date: 5 Mar 2007 07:40:00
Message: <web.45ec0efccb7f0cf0331130930@news.povray.org>

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/VirtualContent/76031/HNC_Computing__Info_Systems__structure.pdf

> I am sorry, but from the looks of the course titles this isn't a computer
> science education, which would, among other things be teaching the stills
> needed for software development. Your education is well suited for technical
> support and administration of computer hardware and software though. In
> short, your knowledge is more on the user side of things, not on the
> development side of things. This also explains your various misconceptions
> in your earlier posts.
>
> Good luck,
>
>  Thorsten

I didn't do all of those subjects I did various software options.
Here is a list of the units I did.

Year 1 Term 1
Information Systems (H2)
Computer Platforms (H1)

Year 1 Term 2
Systems Analysis (H2)
Data Structures and Algorithms (H2) along with Problem Solving

Year 2 Term 3
Introduction to Programming

/* Personal Note: Year 2 was a bit mixed up because of a lecturer leaving */
Year 2 Term 1
Software Development Project (H2)
Personal Skills Development (H2)

Year 2 Term 2
Software Development Project (H2)
Visual Programming

Year 2 Term 3
Computer Based Learning

/* Year 3 was even more mixed up because the year was no longer split in
terms but semesters */

Year 3 Semester 1
Professional Project (I was finishing of a project from Y2)

// Note: We would have done OOP but the majority of people decided to Web
Site //Management

Web Site Management

Year 3 Semester 2

Professional Project
Networking Technology + Supporting OS And NOS (Operating Systems and Network
Operating Systems)

Year 3 Semester 3
Professional Project
Quality Management

So you can see I had a mixed education, after that I did do a course in C++
and I have brought loads of books on OOP and Programming. I just need a
professional project to get me into the mind set of OOP.

Tom