POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : network rendering setup : Re: network rendering setup Server Time
31 Jul 2024 12:15:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: network rendering setup
From: Charles C
Date: 2 Mar 2007 03:40:01
Message: <web.45e7e24be001bc043e9e8de0@news.povray.org>
Are you wanting to render stills or animations?  What OS's are involved?

For animations:
There are a number of ways I've heard of people doing it.  Do a search on
here and you'll find some stuff.  The method I chose was intended to be
super-simple and have it's basis in plain SDL.   I set up a shared network
directory and used POV-Ray's file i/o features along string commands to
check whether a file such as "FrameFlag_002.txt" already exists in that
directory or not.  If it exists, then "this machine" renders an empty frame
which is easy to sort out later.  I can post an updated version of that SDL
if you're at all interested.

Charles