POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Reflections on Refractions (190K) : Reflections on Refractions (190K) Server Time
3 May 2024 08:51:41 EDT (-0400)
  Reflections on Refractions (190K)
From: Stephen Klebs
Date: 22 Feb 2007 10:30:01
Message: <web.45ddb34be533a912977978930@news.povray.org>
More Refractions from the Light Globe series.

I'm getting completely carried away with these, but I'm endlessly mesmerized
by the beauty of the simple refraction of light. Most are impossible
objects, with impossible IORs or negative internal reflections or unnatural
materials, that seem to obey the laws of physics from another realm.

Of all the means of computer-generated visualization, what always makes POV
so unique for me is that it enables a kind of hyper sense of realism
of a reality that does not exist. Photographs of impossibilities.

Steve Klebs
http://www.cloudinthesky.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: